Runnin' On Fumes Zinger Hot Rod Poster
!8 " x 24" of bright colorful garage-pop goodness, this limited edition poster was created to promote the collection of tracks called "Runnin' On Fumes", a CD which compiled all the songs from the first 10 issues of Gearhead Magazine into one place. Now long out of print, this poster is a memento of that first great stretch into being a record label. Featuring the rare and unusual Zingers, this artwork was also used for the the return of Gearhead Magazine, issue #19 (you can read about the Zingers there!). Only a handful of these awesome posters are left, so grab one before they vanish like a puff of exhaust from your jalopy.
Gearhead Magazine #19
The long-awaited no. 19 of GEARHEAD features an article on The Lords of Altamont, a behind the scenes look at The Lady Luck Tattoo Convention, a detailed history of the wacky 70s car craze The Zingers, a fun and informative, and possible the last known interview with Famous Monsters editor Forrest J. Ackerman, Smash up Derby Fun at the Yolo County Demolition Derby, a behind the scenes peek at music legend Kim Fowley, and a word from George Barris himself, talking about his life as the King of Kustomizers. There are also record, book and movie reviews and a short word from yours' truly, the new editor. Color cover, black and white guts, printed on high quality book stock. 84 pgs, limited edition run of 2500 copies.
- The Lords of Altamont -- Gear-grinding rock 'n' roll from Los Angeles, CA
- The Lady Luck Tattoo Convention
- Zingers - a detailed history of the wacky 70s car craze
- Forrest J. Ackerman - possibly the last known interview with Famous Monsters editor
- Smash up Derby Fun - the Yolo County Demolition Derby,
- Kim Fowley - a behind the scenes peek at the music legend , and a word from
- George Barris - talking about his life as the King of Kustomizers.
- Record, book and movie reviews
- Color cover, black and white guts, 84 pgs, ltd. ed printing of 2500 copies
Gearhead® Magazine #20
Gearhead Magazine #20 hits the streets with another 84 pages of action packed, rock 'n' roll kustom kulture goodness.
A limited edition run of 2500 copies, printed on high-quality book stock paper, a feast for all your senses! Cover painting by world-renowned Sacramento based tattoo artist "Cuz'n" Bill Lorenz.
- World Famous DJ Rodney Bingenheimer and his GTO
- Dean Moon: Creator of Mooneyes Go With Moon!
- Cover artist and tattooist "Cuz'n" Bill Lorenz interview
- The Race of Gentlemen: Up Close and Personal
- Fantastic Fig and His Curious Cars
- Meet Ms. Gearhead
- Eva Von Slut Dishes on the San Francisco Music Scene
- Record Book and Music Reviews
Prefer to read on the go? Buy the Digital Download instead!